The Braassemermeer is situated between the towns of Leiden and Alphen aan den Rijn, making it easily accessible from major cities like Amsterdam and The Hague. It is approximately 30 minutes away from these cities by car.
Parking on site
For participants: limited parking spots will be available near the boat park with a travel time of 1 minute. Please note that there may not be enough space if every sailor arrives with a big van. Sufficient space will be provided in the parking area to accommodate wheelchair users getting in and out of vehicles.
Please inform us prior to your arrival for the Allianz Sailing World Championships if you need a parking spot for you camper or car via email@example.com.
- August 4th and 5th: Boats are being delivered, no sailing/training yet
- August 6th: Registration opens
- August 7th: Registration opens and first training day for sailors
- August 8th: Training for sailors
- August 9th: Training for the race committee and course reps, training for sailors and measurements.
- August 10th: Training for the race committee and course reps, training for sailors and measurements. Official opening of the event in Scheveningen
- August 11th – August 16the: Race days
- August 16th: Festive prize-giving ceremony for the Para event at The Braassem
Racing takes place on two race courses. Course 1 is for the 2.4 class (athletes bring their own boats), and course 2 is for the 20 boats in the Hansa 303 (men and women) and RS Venture class (8 boats/16 teams), in both classes athletes sail in charter boats. The last two classes will need to switch boats between races. Per day two races are scheduled for each class.
The lake provides favourable conditions for sailing, with relatively open waters. The Braassemermeer is known for its varied wind patterns, ranging from light breezes to stronger gusts, which can make sailing here exciting and challenging.
Along the Braassemermeer, you’ll find facilities such as marinas, boat rental services, sailing schools, and waterfront restaurants. These amenities cater to the needs of sailors and visitors, ensuring a pleasant experience on and off the water.
Any lockers available at the Braassemermeer?
Yes, lockers are available on the ground floor.
Are the changing rooms at the Braassemermeer wheelchair accessible?
Yes, the changing rooms are located on the ground floor and wheelchair accessible.
How many accessible toilets will be available at the Braassemermeer?
- There are 4 accessible toilets at the moment. One is located in the building itself (upstairs, reachable by elevator), and 3 additional toilets will be arranged. The Braassemermeer is currently in the process of investigating the options to install another accessible toilet on the ground floor.
How many hoists/raising aid for boarding the boats will be available at the Braassemermeer?
The number of hoists/raising aids that will be installed depends on the information we receive with the registrations of the athletes. For sure there will be a minimum of 2 devices. If it is necessary to scale up to 3 hoists, the organisation will definitely make this happen.
I can’t find the answer I am looking for, what to do?
Do you have a question that is not answered in the FAQ? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a question about sailor information such as boat transport, accommodation, Visa information, equipment or rules.
Please go to our Sailor Information page to find all sailor related information.
Is it easy to park at the Braassemermeer?
Parking spaces will be available near the boat park with a very limited travel time of 1 minute. Please note that there may not be enough space if every sailor arrives with a big van. Sufficient space will be provided in the parking area to accommodate wheelchair users getting in and out of vehicles.
Please inform us prior to your arrival if you need a parking spot for you camper or car via email@example.com.
Is there an elevator at the Braassemermeer to get upstairs?
Yes, there is an elevator at the club at the Braassemermeer.
What are the available catering facilities at the Braassemermeer?
The restaurant at the Braasemermeer is located on the 1st floor of the club and an extra service point for orders will be created downstairs for better acces of the catering facilities.