Would you like to work ashore in the beating heart of World Cup sailing? Do you have an affinity with competitive sailing? And do you feel like a fish in the water in a dynamic place where you will have a lot of contact with sailors and their coaches from more than 100 different countries? Then perhaps working as a volunteer at the Race Office during the Allianz World Sailing Championship is something for you. The first days you will work at the central Race Office, then you will be deployed at 1 of the 5 race offices of the boatparks (in Scheveningen (4 race offices) or Braassemermeer (1 race office).
Weather conditions do not allow themselves to be planned. This means that races cannot necessarily be sailed according to schedule, but can be postponed (for hours). The opening times of the race offices depend on the races, so also not necessarily on schedule.
What are your main tasks?
- Registering participants
- Handing out check in/check out forms
- Handing out leaderbibs
- Assisting/facilitating completion of requests of protests, scoring requests, etc.
- Operate information screens in the race office
- Answering questions related to the race (e.g. results, protests, race management, programme)
- Answer questions that are not race-related (e.g. public transport, shops, repairs, places in town, referral to medical assistance etc.)
What you should take with you
- You can work quickly and accurately
- You have an open and flexible attitude. You keep this, even under time pressure
- You are good in the Dutch language and can express yourself well in English
- You can respond well to unexpected situations
- You are a real team player
- You are solution-oriented
- You are a real connector. You understand that the event is of great importance to the sailors and that clear and tactful communication with sailors, their coaches and the race directors is important. Even in stressful situations.
- It is important that you easily connect with people and have a feel for different cultures.
- You have an affinity with competitive sailing
- You are skilled with computers and tablets. You have worked with the Manage2Sail programme before or you can teach yourself this very quickly
When should you be available?
The Race Office will be open from Saturday 5 August to Sunday 20 August. There is mandatory attendance on Sunday 6 and Monday 7 August. These are the busiest days when the country teams come to register. It is our strong preference that you are present throughout the entire period. This is to ensure that the team is well coordinated. Your shift starts at 8:00 am and runs until the end of the race day. In many cases, this will be between 18:00 and 20:00.
Do you have any questions? Then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Are you enthusiastic and would you like to sign up immediately? Of course you can do so via the button below..